Monday 9 July 2012

Birthday wish list!

It's my Birthday in 2 weeks :-) 

My boyfriend's pretty darn good at choosing presents and always picks up on what I'm lusting after - probably something to do with my (not so) subtle hints??!  In the past I've been lucky enough to get a leather Pandora bracelet, a silver and turquoise Monica Vinader Fiji bracelet and an Alex Monroe flying swallow necklace.  Not to mention a collection of fragrances including Marc Jacobs Daisy and Vera Wang Princess.   


So this year I thought I'd channel my wish list via the art of blogging!



I'd honestly be happy (not to mention extremely lucky) with anything else by Alex Monroe and Monica Vinader but if I really had to choose, then these are at the top of my list...

P.S. Instead of buying the orange luna pendant, I would make a fastening for a little drop pearl I have and team it with the Mini Marie - trendy and personalised.

I've always known I am on the 'cusp' of star signs Cancer and Leo, but recently I found out this applies to birthstones also.  I always thought my birthstone was Ruby - which I'm not that fussed on to be honest (but I do love it in class when I call the register and sing "Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby...aah aaaah aah aah aaaahhh!!) but turns out as my date is at the end of the Month the next stone can also apply.  OK, this is not proven fact and I may have got this info from a totally unreliable source but hey, Peridot is next on the list... and I LOVE peridot.  So humour me will you!

I don't NEED new jewellery - when do we ever need jewellery?  That's why I think it is the best thing to buy for a present.  I know this post is very 'me me me' but what goes around comes around (good and bad) and I think I'm pretty nifty at choosing gifts for others too.  I love buying presents for other people and am useless at keeping it a secret - I always want to give them straight away!  When choosing something I try to a) buy something that they wouldn't normally buy themselves and b) if you like it enough that you want to keep it - then it has to be good!

I tell you what I do need though - a new wallet.  I noticed my friend had one of these Cath Kidston wallets the other day.  Although I'm not a huge fan (it's like in the music industry when a band verges on the side of 'too commercial') I really liked how compact it is.  So, I mentioned it - along with how there's a sale on at the moment - and I'm pretty sure said wallet is hidden away somewhere already ;-)

If money were no object then I would have been asking for this Rebecca Minkoff wallet.  I stumbled across this little beauty when I was looking at the little black book of style website, recently recommended to me by a lovely girl I got chatting to whilst shopping at Space NK in Bournemouth.  We got talking after discovering we had a mutual love and appreciation for Alex Monroe - she had the Dragonfly necklace.



 Of course, what I'm really hoping for is...a very special ring ;-)  xxx 



No comments: